STARTING A BUSINESS
Some of the most difficult aspects of starting a business is all the details that go into it (I put together a low cost “get started” checklist that may want to know what goes into a business before spending all the money!). These details include:
- Business exposure (aka “marketing”): How will clients/patients find you? Social media (often need daily posts so people remember you)? Website (an absolute!)? Local news station? Referrals from colleagues/patients?
- Consents and disclaimers for website (Scott Rattigan’s includes these in his documents)
- Malpractice and liability insurance
- Registering your business (PLLC or similar) with your state
- Making sure there are no trademarks on your name
- Brick and mortar stuff
- Administrative support
- Basics of just running a medical/wellness practice (e.g. EMR, phone, etc)
- And more!